About First Symetra
Get to know First Symetra
First Symetra National Life Insurance Company of New York was established in 1990 to help New York residents and businesses achieve their financial goals.
Working in partnership with independent financial professionals, financial institutions and benefits brokers, First Symetra provides the employee benefits, retirement and life insurance solutions New Yorkers need at competitive prices.
- Margaret Meister, President
- Tommie Brooks, CFO
DIVERSE PRODUCT OFFERINGS
- Annuities: Solutions providing asset protection, growth and guaranteed income in retirement.
- Employee Benefits: Products that help businesses stay competitive while providing valuable coverage to employees and their families.
- Life insurance: Flexible policies designed for tax-efficient wealth transfer and protection from personal loss.
- Retirement plans: Products for employers looking to help their employees save for retirement.
FINANCIAL STRENGTH RATINGS1
A: “Excellent” (3rd highest of 16)
A+: “Strong” (5th highest of 19)
Standard & Poor’s
A: “Strong” (6th highest of 21)
Guarantees and benefits are subject to the claims-paying ability of First Symetra National Life Insurance Company of New York, New York, NY. Mailing address P.O. Box 34690, Seattle, WA 98124.
1 Dates of last ratings updates or affirmations are as follows: A.M. Best – Dec. 13, 2018;
Standard & Poor’s – Aug. 8, 2019; and Fitch – April 2, 2019. Ratings are subject to change.
2 Unsolicited rating.