Edge EliteSM can help with your retirement goals.
I want my money to grow.
- Any interest you earn is determined at the end of each interest term and will grow through [compounding].
- If the market [index] you choose goes up, your indexed account can be credited interest.1
- Your money grows tax-deferred (it’s not taxed until you take it out).
I want my money sooner than expected.
- You can take out up to 10% of the money in your contract each year for the first five or seven years (depending on whether you selected a five- or seven-year withdrawal charge period) free of withdrawal charge.
- You can take out more than 10% in the withdrawal charge period, but the amount you take out will be subject to a [market value adjustment (MVA)] and a withdrawal charge. A market value adjustment can be a positive or negative adjustment to the amount taken out.
- You can also surrender your contract during the withdrawal charge period and get your money back (subject to MVA and withdrawal charges, and minus any previous withdrawals).
- After the five- or seven-year withdrawal charge period, MVA and withdrawal charges no longer apply.
I don’t want to lose money.
We guarantee that you will get back the money you put in, plus any interest paid (subject to [MVA] and withdrawal charges, and minus any previous charges or withdrawals).
- If you die, your beneficiaries will receive any remaining money in your contract.
- Because you are not actually invested in the market, you will never lose money due to market declines.
I don’t want any surprises.
- Any interest you earn based on a [market index] is subject to a participation rate or cap (the top percentage you can earn in any given year). Fixed interest rates, participation rates and caps are reset at the end of each account’s interest term, so they may vary from term to term.
- There may be years where you earn no interest if the index you choose doesn’t increase or it declines.
- You have a “free-look period,” which means you can cancel your contract and receive a full refund within 30 days of receiving your contract.
- There are tax consequences for certain withdrawals. Check with your tax professional before taking any withdrawals.
This is a high-level overview of Symetra Edge Elite so you can get a sense of whether it might work for you. This is not a complete description. Please ask your financial professional or insurance producer for a complete description of this product.
Symetra Edge Elite is an individual single premium fixed indexed deferred annuity issued by Symetra Life Insurance Company, 777 108th Avenue NE, Suite 1200, Bellevue, WA 98004. Contract form number is ICC19_RC1 in most states. Guaranteed Minimum Accumulation Benefit Rider form number is ICC20_RE1. Market value adjustment endorsement form number is ICC19_RE7 in most states. Terminal illness waiver endorsement form number is ICC19_RE3 in most states. Hospital and Nursing one waiver endorsement form number is ICC19_RE2 in most states. Fixed account endorsement form number is ICC19_RE4 in most states. Point to point with cap crediting method endorsement form number is ICC19_RE5 in most states. Point to point with participation rate crediting method endorsement form number is ICC19_RE6 in most states. Point to point with participation rate and charge crediting method endorsement form number is ICC20_RE3 in most states.
Market value adjustment feature does not apply in all states.
Annuity contracts have terms and limitations for keeping them in force. Contact your financial professional or insurance producer for complete details.
Guarantees and benefits are subject to the claims-paying ability of Symetra Life Insurance Company.
Symetra Edge Elite has fixed and indexed accounts. Interest credited to the indexed accounts is affected by the value of outside indexes. Values based on the performance of any index are not guaranteed. The contract does not directly participate in any outside investment.
Indexed interest is calculated and credited (if applicable) at the end of an annual interest term. Amounts withdrawn from the indexed account before the end of an annual interest term will not receive indexed interest for that term.
If the contract is being funded with multiple purchase payments, e.g., 1035 exchanges, funds will be held and the contract will not be issued until all purchase payments have been received. Interest is not credited between the dates the purchase payments are received and the date the contract is issued. The purchase payment will begin to earn interest (if any) when the contract is issued.
Except for the JPMorgan ETF Efficiente® 5 Index and the Putnam Dynamic Low Volatility Excess Return Index, the performance of an index does not reflect the payment or reinvestment of dividends.
It is not possible to invest in an index.
Symetra reserves the right to add or remove any index or indexed interest crediting method options. If any index is discontinued or if the calculation of any index is changed substantially, Symetra reserves the right to substitute a comparable index.
A market value adjustment feature (MVA) is a positive or negative adjustment that may apply when all or when a portion of the contract value is withdrawn. The MVA will not apply to free withdrawal amounts. It may also apply upon death or annuitization but only if it results in a cash surrender value higher than the contract value that would otherwise be paid. A negative MVA will never cause the cash surrender value to be less than the guaranteed minimum value. After the withdrawal charge period, no MVA applies.
If the MVA reference rate is not published for a particular day, Symetra will use the MVA reference rate as of the prior business day. If the MVA reference rate is no longer available or discontinued, Symetra may substitute another comparable method for determining the MVA reference rate.
Withdrawals may be subject to federal income taxes, and a 10% IRS early withdrawal tax penalty may also apply for amounts taken prior to age 59½. Consult your attorney or tax professional for more information.
Tax-qualified accounts such as IRAs, 401(k)s, etc., are tax-deferred regardless of whether or not they are funded with an annuity. If you are considering funding a tax-qualified retirement plan or account with an annuity, you should know that an annuity does not provide any additional tax-deferred treatment of earnings beyond the tax-qualified plan or program itself. However, annuities do provide other features and benefits such as death benefits and annuity payment options.
Neither Symetra Life Insurance Company nor its employees provide investment, tax, or legal advice or endorse any particular method of investing. Please consult your attorney or tax professional before making savings and investing decision.
Products and services vary by distributor.
1Interest credited, if any, is subject to a participation rate or cap.