Group life and disability frequently asked questions
How do I change the beneficiary on my life insurance?
Please contact your employer’s human resources department with the updated information.
How do I determine what coverages I have?
Your employer’s human resources department can help you determine what coverages you have.
Was my enrollment paperwork received by Symetra?
Your employer’s human resources department can confirm that the appropriate enrollment process has been completed.
When do I need to provide evidence of insurability?
The need to submit evidence of insurability depends on your employer’s group policy. It is usually required if:
- You apply for group life coverage that is over the guaranteed amount.
- You previously enrolled for benefits and now want to increase your benefit.
- You declined benefits during your initial eligibility period and now wish to enroll in coverage.
- You choose to add long-term or short-term disability income insurance coverage (if applicable).
Where do I get the Evidence of Insurability form?
Your employer’s human resources department can provide you with the form.
How can I contact Symetra’s claims department for status or questions about my claim?
How frequently is my short-term disability benefit issued?
Short-term disability benefits are issued on a weekly basis, subject to terms and conditions of the policy.
Who can I contact if I have difficulty accessing the online portal?
For password resets and other online portal access questions:
- Claimants can reset their myGo password by following the prompts on the login screen.
- Policyholders can have their password reset by calling their account manager or 1-800-SYMETRA. Wait for the prompt, “all other callers, please stay on the line.”
What is Symetra’s tax identification number?
Our tax identification number is 91-0742147.
Didn't find what you need?
Monday through Friday
6 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. PT | 9 a.m. to 7:30 p.m. ET