In a complex industry,
we strive for clarity.
We want to be clear about who we are,
what we sell and why it matters.
Who we are
A company headquartered in Bellevue, Washington, with offices in 20 cities across the country.
What we sell
Annuities, life insurance and employee benefits that help provide security and confidence.
Why it matters
We help people create secure retirements, protect their families and get benefits at work.
We’ve been around for over 60 years.
Here are a few of the reasons why:
Our strength is backed by $42.9B in assets,1,2 and our parent company—Sumitomo Life—is one of the largest life insurance companies in Japan. Learn more.
Our products are distributed through a national network of financial institutions, broker-dealers, agents, advisors and benefits consultants. We are a leader in fixed-indexed annuity sales through banks3 and a pioneer in stop loss.
We value diversity
- We believe a diverse employee base and an environment where all opinions are valued makes our business strong.
- We take our commitment to ethical and equitable hiring and employment practices seriously.
- We provide opportunities for advancement, personal growth and career development.
We encourage innovation
- We foster an innovative environment so employees can continually (even competitively!) contribute ideas for improving how we get things done.
- We’re students of the business who love learning and looking for opportunities to provide more value to our customers.
More about us
We are committed to giving back to the communities where we live and work. See a few of the ways we contribute.
There are plenty of reasons we love working at Symetra. Here are just a few, and how you can join us.
We value clarity because we want people to understand what they are buying with no surprises.
We sponsor the world’s largest international women’s golf qualifying tour. It’s our way of helping rising stars make their dreams of a career on the LPGA tour come true. More than 100 alumnae of the Symetra Tour have earned LPGA membership.
Symetra Heroes in the Classroom®
Sometimes all it takes for students to achieve their potential is someone who believes in them. Each year—in partnership with the Chicago Bears and the Seattle Seahawks—we honor 32 K-12 teachers who do just that.