From collecting gifts for the holiday Adopt-A-Family program to making meals for Ronald McDonald House residents to serving on nonprofit boards, Symetra employees are known for their generous spirit and desire to give back to the community. Here are some the community programs our employees participate in throughout the year:
- The Symetra Service Squad is a volunteer force of employees ready to roll up their sleeves and give back to the community. Members meet monthly to share ideas about volunteer opportunities and hear from local nonprofits about ways to get involved. Squad members also help organize and recruit employees for Symetra’s signaturevolunteer events and other nonprofit fundraisers and programs.
- The Symetra Week of Service connects employees with volunteer opportunities in the community for one special week during the summer. Employees across the company invest more than 1,000 volunteer hours during the Week of Service each year — landscaping, mowing, cleaning and painting to enhance our community treasures.
- The ‘I CARE’ Employee Giving Campaign is conducted over two weeks in March. Not only can employees sign up to make charitable contributions through payroll deduction, but it’s an opportunity for them to learn how their coworkers give back and about pressing needs in the community.
- Symetra’s Matching Time and Matching Gift programs strengthen our employees’ charitable donations of time and resources. Symetra matches employee financial donations dollar for dollar, up to $1,000 a year, and volunteer time up to $500 per year.
- The CEO Service Award is awarded annually to recognize outstanding volunteer service by an individual employee. We honor the recipients by making a donation to their favorite nonprofit.