Term life insurance
Symetra SwiftTerm is affordable term life insurance from Symetra Life Insurance Company that helps cover your family if something happens to you.
We call it SwiftTerm because the application process is online and you could be approved for coverage in as little as 25 minutes.
SwiftTerm is life insurance coverage that’s fast, affordable and easy.
I want insurance that’s affordable.
- Term insurance is the most affordable and straightforward kind of life insurance because it covers you for a specific amount of time—10, 15, 20 or 30 years. This is known as the coverage term period. Other types of life insurance are more complex and tend to be more expensive. With SwiftTerm, you can have coverage to help protect your family for less than the cost of a typical cell phone bill.
I want financial protection for my family if I pass away.
- As long as you make your payments on time to keep your policy in force, your beneficiaries will receive the money promised in your policy (known as the death benefit or policy proceeds). It’s generally free of federal income tax.
I want an application process that’s quick and easy.
- We’ve simplified it for you. The three most important decisions you’ll need to make are:
- Amount of coverage
- How long you want it
- Who you want to receive the policy proceeds
I want payments that are predictable.
- With SwiftTerm, you’ll never have to guess what you have to pay. Once your coverage is in effect, your payments won’t change for the coverage term period you choose.
I want flexibility.
- You can pick a payment schedule that works best for you, whether that’s monthly, quarterly, semiannually or annually, and you can change it at any time for any reason.
- If your financial situation changes, in most cases you can decrease your coverage amount.
- If your needs change and you decide that you want permanent life insurance (which is insurance that might last throughout your lifetime or help accumulate cash value) you may be able to convert your policy to a permanent product offered by Symetra.
- SwiftTerm has a 30-day money-back guarantee, called a Free Look Period. If you change your mind within 30 days of getting the policy, just let us know and you can get a full refund.
- You can cancel your coverage if for any reason during the life of the policy you decide you no longer want it.
I want full transparency into what I’m buying.
- With SwiftTerm, there are no hidden fees—what you see is what you get. The price you accept when you purchase the policy is the price you pay for the length of the term.
I don’t want any surprises.
- You must be 60 or younger to purchase SwiftTerm.*
- Choosing to pay on a monthly, quarterly or semiannual schedule may cost a little more than if you pay annually.
- There are charges associated with policy options (riders) you decide to add to your policy.
- You can cancel your policy within the Free Look Period (the first 30 days after receiving it) and receive a full refund.
- Skipping or missing premiums will result in a cancellation of your policy.
- When you apply it could take as little as 25 minutes. But approval time depends on your answers to the questions on the application. So, based on your answers the process could take from 25 minutes to 30 days.
- At the end of your coverage term period you select, your premiums will likely go up, but we’ll tell you what your new premiums will be.
*Not all coverage term periods are available at all ages.
This is a high-level overview of Symetra SwiftTerm so you can get a sense of whether it might work for you. This is not a complete description. Please ask your insurance professional for a more complete description of this product, or visit SwiftTermlife.com.
Symetra SwiftTerm is a term life insurance policy issued by Symetra Life Insurance Company, 777 108th Avenue NE, Suite 1200, Bellevue, WA 98004. Policy form number is ICC20_LC1 in most states. Not available in all U.S. states or any U.S. territory.
Life insurance policies contain exclusions, limitations, reductions of benefits and terms for keeping them in-force. Please contact your insurance professional for complete details.
Guarantees and benefits are subject to the claims-paying ability of Symetra Life Insurance Company.
Certain benefits or riders may have tax implications. Consult with your legal or tax professional prior to purchasing.
Although proceeds of life insurance are generally received income-tax-free by beneficiaries, estate and local taxes may apply. Consult your attorney or tax professional for more information.
Conversion to a permanent product may not be available in all states. Conversion is also not available if an accelerated death benefit was exercised on the policy.
This is not a complete description of the Symetra SwiftTerm policy. For a more complete description, please ask your insurance professional.
SwiftTermsm is a service mark of Symetra Life Insurance Company.