Permanent life insurance
Symetra UL-G is a universal life (UL) insurance product with a no-lapse guarantee (G).
What exactly does this mean?
Universal life: This type of policy provides permanent life insurance coverage that can help efficiently transfer wealth to your beneficiaries.
No-lapse guarantee: As long as you pay your premiums exactly as [illustrated] and no unscheduled loans or withdrawals are taken, your benefits are guaranteed by us and your coverage will remain in place as you planned—regardless of interest rate changes or other factors.
Symetra UL-G can preserve and potentially create greater wealth for your beneficiaries.
How can I provide as much money to my family as possible if something happens to me?
• Symetra UL-G can provide a death benefit to your beneficiaries that is generally free of federal income-tax to help preserve their lifestyle after you’re gone.
• If properly structured as part of a trust,1 the proceeds are also generally free of federal estate taxes.
How can I make sure my coverage won’t lapse?
• Symetra UL-G's lapse-protection benefit guarantees that your policy will stay in-force as long as premiums are paid on time, exactly as illustrated, no unscheduled loans or withdrawals are taken, no increases are made to the face amount and the death benefit option isn't changed.
• Protection is guaranteed by us regardless of interest rate changes and other factors beyond your control.
Can I access my money if my needs change?
• If chosen when you buy the policy and for an additional cost, the optional Return of Premium (ROP) [rider] allows you to get up to 100% of your paid premiums back at the end of the 20th or 25th policy year if you no longer need coverage. We’ll even send you a reminder when the option becomes available.
• If you’re facing a terminal illness or cognitive impairment, you can access a portion of your death benefit in advance to cover medical expenses or other costs—or to simply make the most of your remaining time.
Can I leave additional money to a favorite charity?
• If selected at the time of application, the Charitable Giving Benefit [rider] provides an additional 1% of your policy’s death benefit (up to $100,000) to a qualified charity2 of your choice.
I don’t want any surprises.
• Symetra UL-G is designed more for efficient wealth transfer than [cash value] accumulation. Accessing your cash value could reduce or eliminate the benefit of the lapse-protection benefit.
• If you are unable to make premium payments, your death benefit may no longer be guaranteed (loans and withdrawals will also negatively affect these guarantees).
• [Riders] you select may include additional charges.
• If you cancel your policy, any surrender or other charges will be subtracted from the money you receive. These charges could be substantial, so talk to your insurance professional before deciding.
This is a high-level overview of Symetra UL-G so you can get a sense of whether it might work for you. This is not a complete description. Please ask your insurance professional for a complete description of this product.
Ask your insurance professional if life insurance is right for you.