Edge Plus can help with your retirement goals.
I want my money to grow.
- Any interest you earn is determined each year and will grow through [compounding] over time.
- If the market [index] you choose goes up, your indexed account can be credited interest.1
- The minimum amount you can get back from your annuity is guaranteed to grow at least 1% per year if held through the [surrender charge period] without withdrawals.
- Your money grows tax-deferred (it’s not taxed until you take it out).
I want my money sooner than expected.
- You can take out up to 10% of the money in your contract each year for the first five or seven years (depending on whether you selected a five- or seven-year surrender charge period) free of [surrender charge].
- You can take out more than 10% in the surrender charge period, but the amount you take out will be subject to a [market value adjustment (MVA)] and a surrender charge. A market value adjustment can be a positive or negative adjustment to the amount taken out.
- You can also surrender your contract during the surrender charge period and get your money back (subject to MVA and surrender charges, and minus any previous withdrawals).
- After the five- or seven-year [surrender charge period], MVA and surrender charges no longer apply.
I don’t want to lose money.
We guarantee that you will get back the money you put in, plus any interest paid (subject to [MVA] and [surrender charges], and minus any previous charges or withdrawals).
- If you die, your beneficiaries will receive any remaining money in your contract.
- Because you are not actually invested in the market, you will never lose money due to market declines.
I don’t want any surprises.
- Any interest you earn based on a [market index] is limited by a “cap” (the top percentage you can earn in any given year) or a “margin” (a deduction from the amount of interest you earned). Fixed interest rates, caps and margins are reset annually, so the interest you earn will vary each [interest term].
- There may be years where you earn no interest if the index you choose doesn’t increase or it declines.
- You have a “free-look period,” which means you can cancel your contract and receive a full refund within 30 days of receiving your contract.
- There are tax consequences for certain withdrawals. Check with your tax advisor before taking any withdrawals.
This is a high-level overview of Symetra Edge Plus so you can get a sense of whether it might work for you. This is not a complete description. Please ask your financial professional or insurance producer for a complete description of this product.