Group Benefits and Stop Loss
The health and well-being of our customers, employees, business partners, and communities is our top priority. We want to reassure you that our operations are functioning at typical levels today, and that we are committed to being responsive to your current and future needs as the COVID-19 situation continues to evolve.
These pages will be updated as we learn new information about impacts to our Group Benefits and Stop Loss business.
- Message From Our CEO
- Symetra's Response to COVID-19 (PDF)
- Stop Loss Updates
- Rate Continuance for Groups Under 500 Lives
Frequently Asked Questions
- Group Benefits (Basic and supplemental life, short- and long-term disability, absence management, critical illness/specified disease, accident, GapAssist, hospital indemnity plans, fixed-payment plans).
- Minimum Essential Coverage (MEC) and MEC-Select Plans
- Families First Coronavirus Response Act (FFCRA)
- New York Paid Family Leave (PFL) and Disability Benefits Law (DBL)
If you have questions or need help accessing your policy benefits, please contact your Symetra Account Manager or Sales Representative, or call us at 800-796-3872.
Symetra Life Insurance Company is a direct subsidiary of Symetra Financial Corporation. First Symetra National Life Insurance Company of New York is a direct subsidiary of Symetra Life Insurance Company and is an indirect subsidiary of Symetra Financial Corporation (collectively, “Symetra”). Neither Symetra Financial Corporation nor Symetra Life Insurance Company solicits business in the state of New York and they are not authorized to do so. Each company is responsible for its own financial obligations.
In New York, employee benefit plans are insured by First Symetra National Life Insurance Company of New York, New York, NY. P.O. Box 34690, Seattle, WA 98124. Policies may be subject to exclusions, limitations, reductions and termination of benefit provisions.