We’re excited to welcome Tom Chalfant, our new voluntary benefits sales executive, to our Western sales team. Tom comes to us with over 21 years of experience in the employee benefits industry and has held roles at Assurant Employee Benefits, The Standard and most recently at Guardian, where he was recognized as a top performer. Tom was named by Guardian as the winner of the 2020 CEO Award for his work in selling and implementing the largest supplemental health case in Guardian’s history.
Get to know Tom:
- First job: Reselling fruits and vegetables that I’d buy from a local farmer to all of my parents’ friends. I earned enough to buy my first BMX bike and boombox.
- He takes his coffee: Strong and full of caffeine.
- Favorite sports team: Kansas Jayhawks and Super Bowl Champions, Kansas City Chiefs.
- Favorite pastime: Playing golf, when I’m not hanging out with my family.
- Hidden talents: I’m pretty good at doing math in my head. It’s a skill that was helpful when I bartended and waited tables in college.
Tom’s excited for his new role at Symetra and will be a valuable resource in his market.
Looking for your local Symetra representative? Check out our interactive sales map.