We’re excited to welcome John Maines Jr., our new regional sales executive based in Houston, Texas. John started with Symetra in February and serves the Louisiana, Arkansas and Southern Texas markets. Houston, San Antonio, Austin, New Orleans and Little Rock are the major cities in his territory.
John has been in the Houston market since 1990 and has many strong relationships within the group insurance market segment. Prior to joining Symetra, he was most recently with Cigna and spent 13 years with Liberty Mutual. John’s focus has been in the large-employer group life and disability segments and in voluntary benefits.
Get to know John:
- First job: Manager of the Oklahoma State University college bookstore
- Favorite sports team: The Houston Rockets
- Friends and family would describe John as: A high energy person who’s constantly on the go!
- Favorite music genre: Classic Rock
- Favorite quote: “Success usually comes to those who are too busy to be looking for it.” Henry David Thoreau.
John looks forward to his new role with Symetra and will be a valued resource in his markets.
Looking for your local Symetra representative? Check out our interactive sales map.