LETS Play by Symetra helps young students build Leadership, Equity and Teamwork skills through Sports. With our partners the Seattle Kraken and the Seattle Storm, we provided opportunities for students in the Highline School District near Seattle to get to know and learn from the teams’ players and leaders.
We support organizations that share our values and commitment to strengthening our communities.
Our efforts focus on underserved women, youth and students, and on programs that address homelessness and housing affordability for these populations.
Support where it matters most
students helped with
services and scholarships in 2021
nationwide in 2021
13 Empowers grants
Our Symetra Empowers grants invest in local and national organizations working to create long-term, positive change, with a focus on these priorities.
Our grants support organizations empowering BIPOC women and underserved youth to achieve their goals through entrepreneurship, leadership training and education.
Education and scholarships
Our grants fund scholarships and programs that expand access to education for LGBTQ+ and BIPOC students, and youth who have experienced foster care.
Housing and homelessness
Our grants support programs and organizations that address the disproportionate effects of homelessness and housing affordability for underserved populations.
Together we’re making a difference to empower youth
Through partnerships with major sports organizations including the Seattle Storm, Seattle Seahawks and Seattle Kraken, we’re providing a unique, inspiring and potentially life-changing experience for underserved youth in our communities.
We’re proud to be the first Founding Partner of the Seattle Kraken. We’re working together to make a lasting and positive impact on youth, with a focus on leadership, equity and teamwork.
Seattle Storm and RAVE Foundation
We’ve teamed up with the Seattle Storm and the RAVE Foundation to help renovate needed play space and to provide free soccer and basketball clinics for area youth.
We’ve partnered with the Seattle Seahawks and Boys & Girls Club of King County to develop youth leaders and inspire them to empower their peers and communities.
Symetra’s corporate giving priorities are underserved women, youth and students, and addressing housing affordability and homelessness. These priorities reflect our diversity, equity and inclusion values.
Symetra makes grants that align with our giving priorities, primarily to organizations that are tax-exempt under section 501(c)(3) of the U.S. Internal Revenue Code (limited exceptions require special approval).
We do not make grants in support of capital campaigns to build or purchase buildings for nonprofit organizations. At this time, Symetra does not accept unsolicited grant requests.
The following are not eligible for corporate giving:
• Organizations that discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, gender, religion, age, national origin, sexual orientation, or on the basis of any other protected class
• Individuals, GoFundMe accounts, individuals’ medical expenses, individuals’ legal funds, employee sports teams, raffles or auctions, golf tournament sponsorships or similar sponsorships or fundraising for special events
• Private foundations
• University-level athletic or alumni associations, memberships or funds
• Churches, religious organizations, seminaries or Bible colleges focused primarily on religious studies
• Fraternal, social, labor, trade or political organizations
• Organizations with addresses outside the United States
• Federal candidates
• Federal political action committees