Group Accident Coverage
Help when the unexpected happens
Our group accident policy helps employees and their families with out-of-pocket costs after a non-work accident. The benefits can help them get the treatment they need and return to work as soon as possible.
- Benefit amounts between $300 and $10,000 per occurrence
- Covers one or three accidents per calendar year
- Tiered rates
- Spouse and dependent coverage available
Group accident coverage pays for 100% of eligible services and supplies after an accidental injury,* up to the per-occurrence maximum.
- No schedule of benefits
- Benefits are paid regardless of any other health insurance employees may have, and can help close coverage gaps in a high-deductible plan
- Eligible costs are covered even if they're incurred on different days or with different providers**
- Benefits can be assigned or paid to the insured
*Unless covered by workers' compensation or similiar law.
**Expenses must be incurred within 52 weeks from the date of the accident, and the first expense must be incurred within 60 days after the date of the accident.
Covered services include:
- Medical services:
- Physician office, emergency room, urgent care and outpatient hospital visits
- Chiropractic visits
- Nursing and rehabilitation services
- X-rays and lab tests
- Inpatient hospital and prescription drugs
Administration from a team you can depend on
Our in-house administration team, Symetra Select Benefits, handles all enrollment, billing, claims and benefit payments for our group accident policies. They're committed to delivering a positive experience for groups and their employees.
Accident coverage is insured by First Symetra National Life Insurance Company of New York, New York, NY. Mailing address: PO Box 34690, Seattle, WA 98124. It is designed to pay benefits up to a preselected, per occurrence amount. It does not pay benefits for losses caused by sickness and is not intended to cover the cost of all hospital or other medical services. It is not a replacement for major medical or other comprehensive coverage and does not satisfy the minimum essential coverage requirements of Affordable Care Act. Policy form number is LGC-10011P/NY 10/11. Coverage may be subject to exclusions, limitations, reductions and termination of benefit provisions