Administering and tracking federal and state supported leaves can be an overwhelming task.
- Outsourcing leave administration allows employers to benefit from the experience of highly trained absence management professionals who can help with:
- Compliance with federal and state leave laws
- Consistent leave report processes
- Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) considerations
- Job descriptions that align with current physical and cognitive capabilities
- Management of intermittent leaves
FLEXIBLE MANAGEMENT OF A VARIETY OF LEAVES
- First Symetra can handle all absence management needs - from tracking leaves to deciding which employees qualify for Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) job protection. Leave services can include:
- FMLA, including military leave provisions
- State family and medical leaves, including domestic violence, military and school activity leaves
- Short-term disability (STD)
- Long-term disability (LTD)
- New York Disability Benefits Law (DBL), Hawaii Temporary Disability Insurance (TDI), and New Jersey Temporary Disability Benefits (TBD)
- Company-sponsored leaves like extended maternity and
- paternity leave
- Tracking services for personal leaves, jury duty, sabbaticals and more
- ADA requirements
MINIMUM GROUP SIZE
200 eligible employees
- All absences managed concurrently
- Seamless transitions from one type of leave to the next
- Single intake process for FMLA and STD claims
- Telephonic submission for all leaves - no file feed requirements
- Certified, professional FMLA administrators averaging seven years experience
- Customized implementation, free from internal disruptions
- Dedicated implementation manager for personalized support
- Consolidated reports for all leaves
BENEFITS FOR EMPLOYEES
Extended absences can be complicated for employees - chances are they've never taken one before.
We'll make sure employees clearly understand the rights and responsibilities associated with their leave and have all the information needed to make educated decisions.
Each employee receives a wallet card with a single toll-free phone number to file a claim for any type of leave. And if they have a question during their leave, they can expect prompt, one-on-one help from their assigned Absence Manager.
Absence management is provided by First Symetra National Life Insurance Company of New York, New York, NY. Mailing address: P.O. Box 34690, Seattle, WA 98124.
1 Mercer Health & Benefits, LLC. Survey on the Total Financial Impact of Employee Absences. Portland, OR, June 2010.