Employee Assistance Program (EAP) and Health Care Navigation
It’s tough for employees to do their best at work when faced with challenges such as finding child or elder care, dealing with substance abuse or managing family relationships. That’s where DisabilityGuidance® (provided by ComPsych®) can help.
DisabilityGuidance is available for all employees covered by Symetra Group Disability Income Insurance and their eligible family members.
- 24/7 support by phone and online.
- Up to five confidential sessions with a counselor, financial planner or lawyer each calendar year. Sessions may be face-to-face or by phone, and an additional five sessions are available in the event of a covered disability claim.1
- Online resources and tools from GuidanceResources® including timely articles, tutorials, videos and self-assessments; “Ask the Expert” for personal responses to employee’s questions and searches for child or elder care, attorneys and financial planners.
- EstateGuidance® makes it easy for employees to create a simple, customized, legally binding will with online support from licensed attorneys, if needed.
Health Care Navigation
Employees generally find themselves on their own when it comes to dealing with their medical plan. HealthChampion℠ (provided by ComPsych) provides administrative and clinical support to help employees navigate their medical plan benefits in order to make informed, educated decisions about their care.
HealthChampion is available for employees on a covered short- or long-term disability leave.
For information on buy-up programs, including options that offer HealthChampion to all employees regardless of disability claim status, contact your Symetra representative.
- Easy-to-understand explanation of benefits–help identifying what's covered and what's not.
- Step-by-step guidance on medical claims and billing issues.
- Cost estimation for covered and/or non-covered treatment options.
- Fee and payment plan negotiation.
- Referral to financial resources for the underinsured and uninsured.
- One-on-one reviews of employee health concerns.
- Straightforward, easy-to-understand answers regarding specific diagnosis and treatment options.
- Support and preparation for upcoming doctor's visits, lab work and procedures.
- Coordination with appropriate health care provider(s).
- Referrals to community resources and applicable support groups.
Administrative and clinical specialists may also refer employees to the DisabilityGuidance EAP and other work-life resources.
DisabilityGuidance®, GuidanceResources®, EstateGuidance® and HealthChampion® are offered by ComPsych® through Symetra through Symetra Financial Corporation subsidiaries. ComPsych is not affiliated with any of the subsidiaries under Symetra Financial Corporation. For more information, visit www.guidanceresources.com. ComPsych© 2016 ComPsych Corporation.
Disability Income Insurance policies are insured by Symetra Life Insurance Company, 777 108th Avenue NE, Suite 1200, Bellevue, WA 98004, and are not available in any U.S. territory. Our New York subsidiary insures products for New York policyholders. Policies may be subject to exclusions, reductions, and termination of benefit provisions. Contact your representative for complete details.
1 In California, counseling sessions are limited to three sessions in a six-month period.