Select Benefits is a suite of fixed-payment health, life and ancillary group insurance products. Benefits can be offered to full-time, part-time, hourly, temporary and seasonal workers, plus their dependents.
- Availability: All states except New York, Hawaii, New Hampshire, Idaho and Connecticut. Contact your broker for additional information about the availability of benefits for your particular state.
- Cost of administration charges: Included at no charge to the policyholder.
- Required employer premium contribution: None. Can be available as a voluntary benefit.
- No pre-existing conditions limitations.
- Guaranteed issue: No medical underwriting required.1
- No coordination of benefits or required networks.
Consider Select Benefits for employer groups that:
- Can’t afford the escalating costs of a traditional medical plan or that have never considered offering benefits.
- Currently have a major medical plan in place but have full-time, part-time, hourly or seasonal workers who do not qualify for coverage.
- Currently have a high-deductible major medical plan in place and are looking for ways to mitigate the financial impact of their employees’ out-of-pocket expenses.
- Wish to offer additional benefits to supplement coverage already in place.
THE SYMETRA ADVANTAGE
We service what we sell
All administration and payment of claims are done in-house by our dedicated team at Select Benefit Administrators, located in Ashland, Wis.
Rates are not based on demographics, industry or geographic location.
Monthly and hourly plans can be customized based on each group’s budget and benefits needs.
The Shared Maximum Benefit Option provides a second type of plan design for your consideration. Our standard set of benefits each have individual maximums, but with this option, you can give the insured the ability to share one Maximum Benefit Amount for the preselected core benefits.
YOUR POLICY ADMINISTRATOR
Select Benefit Administrators handles the administration of your Select Benefits policy, including verification of eligibility, billing and claims payment. Please contact them with any questions or concerns.
Select Benefits insurance policies are not a replacement for a major medical policy or other comprehensive coverage. They are designed to provide benefits at a preselected, fixed-dollar amount. Coverage may be subject to exclusions, limitations, reductions, and termination of benefit provisions.Select Benefits policies are insured by Symetra Life Insurance Company located at 777 108th Avenue NE, Suite 1200, Bellevue, WA 98004, and are not available in all U.S. states or any U.S. territory.
1 Proof of good health may be required for late entrants on life and disability benefits.