Group Disability Income Insurance
Do I need disability income insurance?
Is your income protected in the event of an illness, injury, or a disability? Symetra works with your company to help you live comfortably and worry less by making sure you have the coverage you need.
Take advantage of purchasing through your company.
We make it simple! With attractive group rates, automatic payments through payroll and hassle-free enrollment, the heavy lifting is taken care of.
Contact your Human Resources representative to learn more about the options available to you.
How to file a claim
You will need the following to file a claim:
- The employer statement filled out by your company’s benefits department
- Your employee statement
- An attending Physician’s Statement
- The Authorization and Disclosures Form, signed and dated by your employer
What is short-term disability insurance?
Income protection if you’re unable to work due to an illness or injury.
- This will be purchased through your employer
- You will typically be covered between 9-52 weeks
What is long-term disability insurance?
24-hour income security for on- and off-the-job incidents.
- Coverage is provided for a period of time
- Can replace a percentage of your pre-disability income
Group Disability Income is insured by Symetra Life Insurance Company located at 777 108th Avenue NE, Suite 1200, Bellevue, WA 98004 and is available in all U.S. states except New York. It is not available in any U.S. territory. Benefit availability and provisions may vary by state.