LIMITATION ON LIABILITY
All information on this site is provided to you "as is" without any warranty of any kind, either express or implied, as to the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics or other items contained on this site. Symetra Financial expressly disclaims all warranties, including but not limited to the implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, title, non-infringement, security and accuracy. Information on this site may contain inaccuracies or errors. Information on this site may be changed or updated without notice. Symetra Financial has no obligation to update information on this site, so such information may be out of date at any given time. Symetra Financial also may make improvements or changes in products described on this site at any time without notice.
Links to third-party websites are provided for your convenience and information only. The content in any linked site is not under Symetra Financial’s control, and Symetra Financial is not responsible for it.
Symetra Financial reserves the right to terminate a link to a third-party website at any time. The fact that Symetra provides a link to a third-party website does not necessarily mean that Symetra endorses, authorizes or sponsors that website, or that Symetra is affiliated with the third-party website's owners or sponsors.
This website contains statements that constitute forward-looking statements within the meaning of Section 27A of the Securities Act of 1933 and Section 21E of the Securities Exchange Act of 1934. All statements, other than statements of current or historical facts included or referenced on this website that address activities, events or developments that we expect or anticipate will or may occur in the future, are forward-looking statements. The words “will,” “believe,” “intend,” “plan,” “expect,” “anticipate,” “project,” “estimate,” “predict” and similar expressions also are intended to identify forward-looking statements. These forward-looking statements include, among others, statements with respect to our:
- estimates or projections of revenues, net income, net income per share, adjusted operating income, adjusted operating income per share, market share or other financial forecasts;
- trends in operations, financial performance and financial condition;
- financial and operating targets or plans; and
- business and growth strategy, including prospective products, services and distribution partners.
These statements are based on certain assumptions and analyses made by us in light of our experience and perception of historical trends, current conditions and expected future developments, as well as other factors believed to be appropriate under the circumstances. Whether actual results and developments will conform to our expectations and predictions is subject to a number of risks, uncertainties and contingencies that could cause actual results to differ materially from expectations, including, among others:
- general economic, market or business conditions, including further economic downturns or other adverse conditions in the global and domestic capital and credit markets;
- the availability of capital and financing;
- potential investment losses;
- the effects of fluctuations in interest rates and a prolonged low interest rate environment;
- recorded reserves for future policy benefits and claims subsequently proving to be inadequate or inaccurate;
- deviations from assumptions used in setting prices for insurance and annuity products;
- continued viability of certain products under various economic and other conditions;
- market pricing and competitive trends related to insurance products and services;
- changes in amortization of deferred policy acquisition costs and deferred sales inducements;
- financial strength or credit ratings downgrades;
- the continued availability and cost of reinsurance coverage;
- changes in laws or regulations, or their interpretation, including those that could increase our business costs and required capital levels;
- the ability of Symetra’s subsidiaries to pay dividends to Symetra;
- the ability of the new executive leadership team to successfully implement business strategies;
- the effects of implementation of the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act (“PPACA”); and
- the effects of implementation of the Dodd-Frank Wall Street Reform and Consumer Protection Act of 2010 (the “Dodd Frank Act”).
Consequently, all of the forward-looking statements made in this report are qualified by these cautionary statements, and there can be no assurance that the actual results or developments anticipated by us will be realized or, even if substantially realized, that they will have the expected consequences to, or effects on, our business or operations. We assume no obligation to update publicly any such forward-looking statements, whether as a result of new information, future events or otherwise.