WHO CAN MAKE CHANGES TO MY POLICY?
Only the policy owner(s) has the contractual right to make any changes to the policy or have any access to any information relating to the policy.
HOW FREQUENTLY CAN I BE BILLED?
You can instruct us to bill your policy on a variety of payment schedules including:
WHAT BILLING METHODS ARE AVAILABLE?
You can instruct us to bill your policy in a variety of different ways including:
- Direct mailing of premium notices to the payor of record on a monthly, quarterly, semiannual or annual basis.
- Convenient electronic funds transfer (EFT). With your authorization, we will automatically draft premiums from your checking or savings account on a monthly, quarterly, semiannual or annual basis.
- We also accept credit card payments on many of types of life policies with the exception of Variable Universal Life policies. With your authorization, we will bill premiums to your MasterCard or Visa on a one-time basis or on a repetitive payment schedule such as semiannual or annual.
HOW CAN i MAKE CHANGES TO MY POLICY?
You can request many types of policy change by completing one of our convenient online change forms and either mailing or faxing it to us. Unfortunately, we can't accept change requests by email.
To use our online forms, just choose the type of policy change you'd like to make from our selection menu and print the appropriate form. Some of the forms we provide are for changing your beneficiary
, policy ownership, requesting a duplicate policy, changing the investment allocations to your Variable Universal Life policy or requesting a policy loan. Please see our complete list for all the available forms and change options.
If you'd like to request a change but don't see the appropriate form, please contact our Customer Service Department by email or at 1-800-796-3872, option 1. You also can reach us by fax at 1-866-532-1361. Customer Service Representatives are available Monday - Friday, 7 a.m.- 4:30 p.m., Pacific time.
HOW DO I FILE A CLAIM FOR POLICY BENEFITS?
If you'd like file a claim or have questions about a claim, please contact our Individual Claims Department at 1-800-796-3872, ext.65745. Claims Representatives are available Monday - Friday, 7 a.m. - 4 p.m., Pacific time.
WHAT DO I DO IF I'VE FORGOTTEN OR "LOCKED" MY PIN (PERSONAL IDENTIFICATION NUMBER) OR FORGOTTEN MY USER ID?
If you have any problems with your PIN or User ID, please call us at 1-800-796-3872, option 8. Customer Service Representatives are available Monday - Friday, 7 a.m. - 4:30 p.m., Pacific time. You also can send comments and questions to firstname.lastname@example.org
(life insurance) or email@example.com
(annuities and retirement plans).
CAN YOU ACCEPT REQUESTS FOR CHANGES TO MY POLICY VIA EMAIL?
For your protection we don't act on requests for policy changes received by email because of the difficulty in confirming the sender's identity. We gladly accept your email request for general information or other nonpolicy-specific information.
WHAT'S AVAILABLE TO ME ON THIS WEBSITE?
Symetra.com and our Individual Life site are constantly evolving. We plan on bringing you more convenient features in the near future. Currently, you can utilize a variety of user-friendly transactions on this site including:
- Current Cash Value of Whole Life, Universal Life, and Variable Universal Life policies.
- View the previous 3 months of transactions for:
Premium payment history
UL and VUL monthly Cost of Insurance charges
Premium and Policy Loan history
Cash value withdraws and partial surrender history
VUL fund transfers and current VUL fund allocations and distributions
- Many of our online forms for making changes to your policy.
You may contact us by email or call 1-800-796-3872, option 1. Customer Service Representatives are available Monday - Friday, 7 a.m. - 4:30 p.m., Pacific time.