Symetra Classic, with an optional Lapse Protection Benefit, is a flexible premium universal life insurance product designed for guaranteed coverage.
- Key Benefits:
*Protection against policy lapses via a Lapse Protection Benefit rider,
provided that premiums are paid as illustrated.
*Guaranteed death benefit protection available.
*Accelerated death benefit riders available with base policy.
- Issue Ages: 16–85 years old
- Coverage Period: The Lapse Protection Benefit must be elected at the time of purchase and may be terminated at any time (either by election or by certain policy activities, such as face amount increases). Duration of guarantee is customizable, either for a specific time period or the insured's lifetime.
- Minimum Policy Size:
$50,000: Standard Non-Nicotine, Standard Nicotine
$100,000: Super Preferred Non-Nicotine, Preferred Non-Nicotine,
Standard Plus Non-Nicotine, Preferred Nicotine, Standard
- Surrender Charge Period: 10-year decreasing schedule based upon a rate per thousand that varies by the insured's gender, underwriting class and issue age.
- Availability: Most states
For additional state-specific information, access the fact sheet through the marketing materials search box to the right.
Individuals seeking to…
- Leave a financial legacy to their family or favorite charity.
- Have lifetime protection with guarantees.
- Have a say in how their policy's benefit is paid to their beneficiaries.
- Provide funds to cover estate taxes, fees or even final medical bills.
TOP SELLING POINTS
- The Lapse Protection Benefit—available only at policy issue—ensures that the insured's policy will be in-force as long as they'd like, without regard to factors (such as policy charges and changes in interest rates) that are outside of their control. As long as sufficient premium payments are made on a timely basis (as illustrated), no unscheduled loans or partial withdrawals are taken, no increases in face amount or change in death benefit option are made, and policy loan value does not exceed the policy's cash surrender value, the insurance coverage will remain in effect.
- Each net premium is guaranteed to earn a current interest rate for a 12-month period from the date the premium is received.
- LPB Premier is a pricing program designed for your larger Classic Universal Life with Lapse Protection Benefit cases. With LPB Premier pricing, our premiums average 6-10% less than the No. 2 ranked guaranteed universal life insurance carrier. Premier pricing will be automatically applied to cases that meet the following age and face amount criteria:
||Minimum Face Amount|
Qualifying for our GoodLife Rewards program can potentially lower the overall cost of your client's insurance. This program is available for insureds 20-70 years old, and credits are applied during underwriting for good health and lifestyle.1
- With the Accelerated Death Benefit Rider for Terminal Illness, up to 75% of the policy's death benefit ($250,000 maximum) can be accessed in advance if a physician certifies the insured is terminally ill with less than 12 months to live. The benefit is paid in a lump sum, without surrender charges.3
- With the Accelerated Death Benefit Rider for Cognitive Impairment and Limited Activities of Daily Living, up to 50% of the policy's death benefit ($250,000 maximum) can be accessed in advance if the insured is unable to perform at least two of the six activities of daily living for a continuous 90-day period, or has a severe cognitive impairment for 90 continuous days, requiring supervision to ensure the heath and safety of himself or herself and others.3,4
- Accidental Death Benefit: If death is accidental, provides an additional death benefit of $250,000 or up to three times the policy's face amount, whichever is less.
- Additional Term Rider: Adds a 20-year level term life insurance rider to the insured's policy.
- Charitable Giving Benefit: This optional benefit, selected at issue, provides an additional benefit of 1% of the base policy face amount to the qualified charity of the policyowner's choice upon the insured's death.
Symetra Classic Universal Life Insurance is a flexible premium universal life insurance policy issued by Symetra Life Insurance Company, 777 108th Avenue NE, Suite 1200, Bellevue, WA 98004. This policy is not available in all U.S. states or any U.S. territory; however, where available, it is usually issued under policy form number ICC11_LC5.
Guarantees and benefits are subject to the claims-paying ability of Symetra Life Insurance Company.
The Lapse Protection Benefit, form number ICC13_LE5 or ICC14_LE7, is not available in all states and terms and conditions may vary by state in which it is available. Insurance coverage will continue as long as the Lapse Protection Benefit remains in effect. Note that any increase in the policy’s face amount after issue will terminate the Lapse Protection Benefit. For form ICC14_LE7, there may be face amount decrease restrictions.
Withdrawals or loans on modified endowment contracts (MECs) may be subject to federal income tax and a 10% IRS penalty on amounts taken prior to age 59½.
Based on a comparison of our top 15 competitors, this information is accurate to the best of our knowledge as of September 2, 2014. The comparisons are of different products which vary in premiums, rates, fees, expenses, features and benefits.
1Restrictions may apply to Symetra GoodLife Rewards and it is subject to change without notice.
2May not be available in all states and terms and conditions may vary by states in which they are available.
3Only available for issue ages 20-85, and not available on rated policies. The accelerated death benefit, plus any accrued interest, will be secured by a lien against the death benefit. The death benefit will be reduced by the amount of the lien, and the policy will terminate with no death benefit payable if the amount of the lien grows to equal the death benefit. Receipt of an accelerated death benefit may be taxable. Your clients should consult their personal tax or legal advisor before applying for this benefit. They may also lose their right to receive certain public funds such as Medicare, Medicaid, Social Security, Supplemental Security, Supplemental Security Income (SSI), and possibly others. This accelerated death benefit is intended to qualify under section 101(g) (26 U.S.C 101(g)) of the Internal Revenue Code of 1986 as amended by public law 104-191. The death benefit and loan value will be reduced if an accelerated death benefit is paid.
4"Cognitive impairment" generally means a loss or deterioration in a person’s intellectual capacity and includes diseases like Alzheimer’s and various forms of irreversible dementia. "Activities of daily living" generally means routine daily self-care activities, such as getting dressed, eating, using the bathroom and getting in and out of bed.