Limited Benefit Medical Insurance is set up differently than more traditional forms of medical insurance. Because premium needs to be received before the effective date, it's important to understand how a new case is set up.
Successful enrollments happen when you and the group’s benefits specialist have a plan and work together to educate eligible employees on the opportunity being offered to them.
Establish the effective date of coverage, keeping in mind that most cases take 6-8 weeks on average to set up.
IDENTIFY ENROLLMENT LOGISTICS
1. Determine enrollment methods (online, paper, call center).
2. Order and distribute enrollment materials.
4. Continue enrolling the new hires throughout the policy year.
5. Revisit the plan design 90 days before the end of the year and see if any new benefits are available or if the group’s needs have changed.
For more information, please see our Steps to Enrollment Success flier for broker or agent use only.
Return all paperwork to Select Benefit Administrators (SBA) “in good order." which means completed. If SBA receives all necessary documents in good order, they guarantee a quicker set up turnaround time.
Here's what SBA needs in good order 10 business days before the requested effective date:
- Application or Participation Agreement completed and signed by policyholder and broker/agent
- Plan Summary Matrix with notation of which plan(s) and rates the policyholder wants to offer
- Select Benefits Enrollment Forms filled out by the employee electing coverage
- Collected premium
For questions about case submission or administration, contact SBA at 1-800-497-3699 or SYMSBA@Symetra.com
, Monday through Friday, 6:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. CT.