It’s tough for employees to do their best at work when faced with challenges
such as finding child or elder care, dealing with substance abuse or managing family relationships. That’s where DisabilityGuidance® (provided by ComPsych®) can help.
Who's Eligible for the EAP?
DisabilityGuidance is available for all employees covered by Symetra Group Disability Income Insurance and their eligible dependents.
- Five confidential face-to-face sessions with a counselor, financial planner or lawyer each calendar year. An additional five sessions are available in the event of a covered disability claim.
- Unlimited, free telephonic support with general guidance counselors.
- Online resources and tools including a will preparation program that helps employees create a legally binding will that is valid in all 50 states. A simple will costs just $14.99; printing and mailing services are also available for an additional $9.99. Online support from licensed attorneys is also available, if needed.
HEALTH CARE NAVIGATION
Employees generally find themselves on their own when it comes to dealing with their medical plan. HealthChampionSM (provided by ComPsych) provides administrative and clinical support to help employees navigate their medical plan benefits in order to make informed, educated decisions about their care.
HealthChampion is available for employees on a covered short- or long-term disability leave.
For information on buy-up programs, including options that offer HealthChampion to all employees, regardless of disability claim status, contact your Symetra representative.
Explanation of medical plan benefits - what's covered and what's not.
Guidance on claims and billing issues.
Referral to financial resources.
Fee and payment plan negotiation.
Assistance with cost estimates for treatment options.
Explanation of the appeals process.
- One-on-one reviews of medical concerns.
- Straightforward answers regarding specific diagnosis and treatment options.
- Support and preparation for upcoming doctor's visits, lab work and procedures.
- Coordination with appropriate health care provider(s).
- Referrals to community resources and applicable support groups.
Administrative and clinical specialists may also refer employees to the DisabilityGuidance EAP and other work-life resources.
Download the brochure
DisabilityGuidance® and HealthChampionSM are offered through Symetra by ComPsychAd® Corporation; not affiliated with Symetra Life Insurance Company or any other subsidiaries under Symetra Financial Corporation. Availability may vary by state.
Symetra Group Disability Income Insurance is insured by Symetra Life Insurance Company, 777 108th Ave. NE, Suite 1200, Bellevue, WA 98004, and is available in all U.S. states exept New York. First Symetra National Life Insurance Company of New York, mailing address: P.O. Box 3460, Seattle, WA 98124, insures products for New York policyholders. The policy is not available in any U.S. territory.