All of our policies are administered by Select Benefit Administrators (SBA), an administrative division of Symetra Life Insurance Company. Dedicated exclusively to Select Benefits business, SBA provides enrollment, claims and billing assistance to policyholders, plan administrators, and plan participants.
SBA IS RESPONSIBLE FOR:
- Enrollment fulfillment on new cases and new hires
- Printing and mailing bills by the 15th of each month
- Collecting premiums by the 1st of each month
- Processing claims according to terms of the group insurance policy
- Paying claims typically within 7 to 9 business days
- Timely communication with all parties at renewal
- Verification of coverage to providers
- Responding to all phone calls, mail or faxes in a helpful and timely manner
SBA's goal is to provide personable and quality service to:
- Benefits brokers and agents
- Employers and plan sponsors
- Plan participants and their participating family members
WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT
- All phone calls received during business hours will be answered by a friendly person – not an automated system.
- Any communication (mail, fax, phone) will be acknowledged promptly.
- Flexibility about how reporting information is submitted.
- Claims paid according to the policy and typically within 7 to 9 business days.
- All interactions conducted with courtesy and respect.